Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company has appointed Zulfe Ali as its new chief operating officer.
Mr Ali will be responsible for overseeing Mumtalakat’s corporate functions, including finance, risk management, legal, information technology, and corporate finance, according to the Bahrain investment arm.
Mr Ali joined Mumtalakat in June 2009 as vice-president of corporate finance.
His responsibilities have included defining and implementing corporate finance and funding strategies, as well as managing the company’s portfolio of liquid investments.
“Over the past four years, Zulfe Ali has played a critical role in helping to establish Mumtalakat as a globally respected institution,” chief executive Mahmood Al Kooheji said, according to a report by Gulf News.
“His deep knowledge of Mumtalakat, his skill-sets and his leadership qualities all combine to make him an ideal candidate to manage and lead the corporate functions,” Mr Al Kooheji added.
“We look forward to the positive on-going contribution that Zulfe Ali will make to the business within his new role, which will help us continue Mumtalakat’s vision to grow the wealth of Bahrain,” he said. Mr Ali has nearly 20 years of experience in the financial services industry in both asset management and investment banking.
Before joining Mumtalakat, he worked in the acquisition and leveraged finance group of JPMorgan in both London and New York.
Videos You May Like
Leave a Reply
Latest on Amilin TV
- International Regulatory Initiatives to Enhance Venture Capital and Islamic Private Equity
- Public Lecture by the Recipient of The Royal Award for Islamic Finance 2014
- In Conversation: Esham-The next big thing in Islamic Finance
- INCEIF Executive Master Class
- High-Impact Plenary Session : “Towards greater financial stability: Strengthening the interface and synergy between global standard setters”