Redemptions from emerging-market bond funds hit a 90-week high in the week ending June 19, according EPFR Global data.
Sukuk had benefited from a boom in Islamic finance, with Ernst & Young forecasting a surge in the industry’s assets to US 1.8 trillion this year from US 1.3 billion in 2011.
In January, sharia- compliant yields fell to a record low before a 57 per cent jump to date, linked largely to speculation that the Fed will scale back its bond buying as the US economy improves.
Videos You May Like
Leave a Reply
Latest on Amilin TV
Islamic Economy News
- WIEF to generate greater awareness of Islamic economy
- Chiba to be gateway for Malaysian Halal products into Japan
- Taiwan’s Halal System
- Halal certification: a gateway to export markets
- Middle East funding record number of airplane deliveries
- UAE planning national halal certification scheme