“For the first quarter of this year, the bank raked in profit before tax and zakat of RM151.5mil, and looking at the achievement for the first-half year, we can achieve more than 15% growth that has been set,” he said to reporters after the handing over of fund sponsorship for mosques in Malaysia on Thursday.
Zukri said the economic growth which is somewhat slow currently and the new guidelines on responsible lending might affect the bank’s financing growth.
“For the moment, as far as Bank Islam is concerned, we are still able to achieve the target that we have set, that is, a financing growth of 20% to 25% this year, better than last year.
“I think the new guidelines will affect most of the banks but for Bank Islam we have not see the effects and at this juncture, we are still confident that we are able to show representable financing growth for this year,” Zukri said.
Videos You May Like
Leave a Reply
Latest on Amilin TV
Islamic Economy News
- WIEF to generate greater awareness of Islamic economy
- Chiba to be gateway for Malaysian Halal products into Japan
- Taiwan’s Halal System
- Halal certification: a gateway to export markets
- Middle East funding record number of airplane deliveries
- UAE planning national halal certification scheme